Impactful. Powerful. Transformative Workshops.
What keeps sales people at the top of their game? How do long-married couples stay married? What do parents do to bring up well-adjusted children? How do longtime CEO’s of organizations stay at the top? The skill of listening effectively! Though each of the above have different talents and skills, these people have one skill in common, the ability to listen effectively.
Each of them understands that listening is not something to do while one is waiting to respond. They understand that listening effectively is the key to increased knowledge, increased emotional intelligence, business success, career mobility, and productive and growing relationships.
The seminar consists of three parts. The Importance of Listening, Awareness of Listening Barriers, and Application to Daily Living. This approach leads to a deeper understanding of the process of Listening, and its importance to enhanced communication. Interactive exercises will reveal potential barriers to listening, tips to effective interventions and a blueprint to move from awareness to application.
- Discover your personal barriers to effective listening
- Mitigate your listening barriers to make others feel heard
- Integrate your new listening skills in your professional and personal relationships
- Realize how much better informed you’ll be about: your business, your employees, your “customer,” and anyone with whom you interact
BUILD POWERFUL COMMUNICATION SKILLS
Cast away unconscious communication habits and build skills that will help you succeed in every situation, from the breakroom to the boardroom. Learn to identify, understand, and work with people’s diverse communication styles. Discover how to let your inner confidence out where others can perceive it.
- Get your point across confidently, powerfully and effectively
- Understand what drives positive and negative communication
- Verbally disarm potential saboteurs
- Enhance immediate credibility through calm and professional communication
- Avoid negative speech habits, words and phrases
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION WORKSHOPS
This new approach to Diversity and Inclusion training addresses the organizational need to have readily useable tools for employees to use when working with diverse clients, customers, and fellow employees. This workshop is exceptionally hands-on, interactive, and focused on real-world business and organizational scenarios. It is designed to engage individual, paired, and team participation that directly relates to situations participants experience on a day-to-day basis.
To transform our interactions with others, relational transformation needs to occur. We don’t know the history of the person, what is driving them, or why an issue has come about. Unfortunately, we also don’t often know what is driving us, and this can become a breeding ground for immediate conflict and misunderstanding. To increase our understanding of what might be driving our reactions to a person or situation a five-pronged approach is called for.
The approach is called SPACE:
S - Stereotype discrediting
P - Perspective Taking
A - Attaining Trust
C - Communication Enhancement
E - Emotional Intelligence Building
- To recognize, value and respect differences, and reflect this in the way we work;
- to perceive multiple facets of diversity, including communication, thinking, personality, and working styles;
- to learn how diversity issues impact us in our daily interaction and in the workplace;
- to generate open, honest, and frank dialogue through sharing information and active participation;
- to attain a commitment to change and progress by valuing differences.
SPACE sessions can be of varying lengths, from a two-hour basic awareness session, to a two-day deep dive for line staff and managers. Any session provided is tailored to your needs.
Flight or Fight. Principles versus personalities. Entrenched ideas. The key to conflict is how it’s managed. Conflict can lead to creativity. Through this highly interactive seminar you will learn to create a culture of community rather than controversy. These transformative concepts lead to organizational, team, and personal change.
- Accurately assess workplace conflicts
- Identify conflict management styles
- Recognize and address behaviors inhibiting problem solving
- Initiate consensus building dialogue
- Produce a shift from “me against you” to “us against the problem”
Multi-generational pictures of work gatherings are an accurate portrayal of today’s workforce. Organizational leaders are faced with managing an employee base spanning four generations. The successful cross-generational manager becomes coach and integrates wisdom and youth. Identifying and utilizing talents while nurturing growth is the objective. In order to direct this diversity toward a common goal, managers need to understand the varied communication styles of their employees and how to best use them. This workshop equips managers with knowledge and strategies that will make generational diversity an asset.
- Communicate in Ways that Accommodate Different Styles
- Building a Foundation for Effective Communication Across Generations
- Communication Strategies for Team Success and Knowledge Sharing
- Improved strategies to diffuse generational communication tensions
CHANGE MANAGEMENT COMMUNICATION
Change is inevitable, struggle is optional. The landscape of business is ever-changing and to succeed, messages must be transmitted and received accurately. From the largest to the smallest challenge, communications is the key. This workshop is designed to ease the transition through effective communication when changes within an organization are necessary.
- Properly communicate the reasons/rationales for upcoming changes
- Empower employees to problem solve the change with you for maximum buy-in
- Recognize resistance to change and how to diffuse it
- Design a complete Change Communication Plan
WE HAVE TO STOP MEETING LIKE THIS!!
Daydreaming. Foot tapping. Cavernous sighs. Sound familiar? Far too often meetings dissolve into meanderings. The primary reason is too many unproductive meetings. When personalities rise above problems, focus is lost. Learning and applying the ABCDs of meeting management will guarantee a more productive interchange.
- Design Agendas inviting participation
- Ensure Brevity through focus
- Build Consensus via constructive conversation
- Learn Dynamics of group process
Applying the ABCDs on a consistent basis will transform groaners into go getters and sustain productivity.